You may want to configure a report to show only certain fields. For example, if you are pulling an event attendee report, you may not want it to contain all the data contained in the transaction details report. You can easily create a custom view and save it so you can re-use it again and again.
For the sake of example, we will look at how to create a custom view for an event report.
- Click PAGES in the top menu.
- On the left, under ITEMS, click EVENTS.
- Open your event.
- On the left, click REPORTS.
- Click VIEW next to TRANSACTION DETAILS (this report contains the most detail, so it is a good place to start to whittle down your custom view.)
- On the top right, click the Select Columns icon
- Now, you will see a list of “Available Columns” on the left and “Active Columns” on the right.
If you want to start entirely from scratch, click “Remove All” to remove all the active columns. Then, click the desired fields from the “Available Columns” list and click “Copy” to move them to the “Active Columns” list.
If you only want to remove a few fields from the existing report, click on the fields you wish to remove in the “Active Columns” list and then click the “Remove” button.
Click OK to see your view.
HINT: The “Available Columns” list shows data points for all items in the system. If you select data that is not being collected on this particular event, your report will have empty columns. For example, I selected “Guest First Name and Guest Last Name for the report below, but guest contact names were not collected for the event linked to this report. For this reason, it is wise to re-use custom fields so you can be confident about which fields to select for reporting purposes.
8. Once you are happy with your view. Click the SAVE icon on the top right.
9. Enter a name and description for your view and click SAVE.
10. Now, whenever you view Reports, you will see this view listed under My Reports
HINT: If this report references custom fields and you want to be able to use it for every event, then you must be sure to re-use the custom fields referenced by the report to collect the information you need from registrants. If you create new custom fields to collect this data, some columns of your report may be blank.