Your Giving Catalog allows you to create compelling, timely appeals that support your organization, and to publish them using best practices from eCommerce. Your constituents will be able easily to find those areas of your mission, events, memberships, etc. that they are most interested in, combine multiple ones into a single transaction, and check out easily.
Your Big River Giving Catalog contains all the things visitors to your page can “buy”. These can include:
- Recurring Donations
- Tribute / Memorial gifts
- Event registrations
- Class or workshop registrations
- Gift memberships
- Gift cards
- Raffle tickets
You manage your Giving Catalog from the 'Commerce' tab on the main menu. If you have more than one Giving Catalog, you will be taken to a list of them, otherwise you will be taken directly to your Giving Catalog editor:
The contents of your giving catalog are grouped into a number of tabs:
- Basics - naming, graphics and draft/published status
- Home Page Header - editable HTML content that will appear at the top of your catalog
- Categories - the categories of your catalog, which group donation items, event registrations, etc.
- Check Out Form - definitions of which contact fields you want to collect when your constituent checks out, what payment methods to offer and fees to collect
- Receipt Page - the confirmation page the constituent will see after their transaction. This combined HTML with custom content and Big River merge tags to enable you to provide timely information in addition to their transaction data.
- Emails - this is where you will find the equivalent receipt email content, which can be edited with the same HTML, custom content and Big River merge tags to make your receipt worth keeping!
- Social Settings - configuration and default data for populating facebook and twitter to ensure that the message you want gets shared on social media
- Advanced Options - whether you will prompt constituents to pay transaction fees, any custom fields you want to add to the form, and other options.
Note that transactions in the giving catalog and reports are also available within the editor. The Overview is a dashboard that will be populated once you start receiving transactions.
Your giving catalog is created with the name of your account, and this will appear as the title on the catalog's web page. The description will be added to the catalog's web page header for scanning by search engines. The Image field allows you to upload a header image, usually your organization's logo. And the Icon field allows you to set a 'favicon' for your store that will appear on the tab of most browsers.
Additional Guides will walk you through adding categories and items to your catalog, designing the confirmation page and email, and other more advanced tasks.
- Adding Categories and Items to your Catalog
- Designing the Confirmation Page and Email
- Extending the Data Model of Items, Catalogs and Contacts using Custom Fields
Your catalog is initially in a 'Draft/Test' status, allowing you to get all this content in place before constituents can see your catalog. You will be able to view your catalog as you create it by using the 'View Store' option on the Tasks menu. Until your catalog is published (by selecting the 'Public' status and saving your catalog), you or anyone you share the catalog link with will need to log in using a Big River user account to view the catalog.
Once you've published your Catalog, you can link it to your website, send it to constituents via email and share via social media using the link to the catalog that you will find on the Links tab: